Sunday, February 17, 2013

Samsung galaxy ace plus video recorder not functioning

I bought an original samsung galaxy ace plus from a mobile outlet in plaza lowyat kl about 2 months ago. This is not a very up to date kind of smartphone but it is good in this price range. This is my first smartphone and i love how easy to use it and how great it looks. The screen quality is good, sharp, vibrant and mainly use it for internet access, texting, calling and receiving calls.



I do not want to highlight into more it good performance but i just want to let everyone know about a problem that i have with this model. I just realized that my video recorder (camcorder) and voice recorder was not functioning. I tried to get the solutions by browsing and searching through the internet. There was one who said try to off the power, pull the battery out and wait for few seconds before on it again...but it wasn't works. Another one said to do the factory reset but i didn't dare to do that.

I went to nearby samsung outlet to find what can be done. They said there is problem with the software and can be done by resetting the program. For that services they will charge me up to RM45.

Since my phone is still under samsung warranty might's well i get them to do it for me. I referred back to the outlet where i bought the phone. The salesman advised me to check at samsung service centre as the item is the original set. Then i went to samsung service centre at level 4 at the same building. There were so many customers queuing. I forgot to bring my warranty card and i was hoping they can serve me without hassle.

Luckily, from the serial number she scanned, the details of warranty validation can be traced. The girl who attend me at the counter said that the phone has to be re-programmed and that all the data saved on the phone will be gone. But the contact numbers, photos she managed to move to sd card. I leaved the phone and asked to come back in one hour time.

After collecting my phone and before i leave the centre, i tested the camera and was happy that it was functioning. All downloaded applications were gone. I was not worry because i can re-installed them back. For the gps application, I got back to the outlet where i purchased the phone asking them to be re-installed.

The same problem encountered again...When i went home, i re-installed some of the applications such as games. I installed the angry bird, fruit ninja. talking tom and talk box. Then i tried to test camcorder again and damn it...it was not functioning as before.

I presumed that might be because of the applications i downloaded. Then i uninstalled the talking tom and the talk box and tested the camcorder to find what actually caused the problem. Surprisingly, the camcorder is functioning again.

And to find which one of the two applications that gave problem, i tried to re-install the talking tom back and i checked the camcorder and it still functioning. Now, i know that the talking tom is not to be blamed...it is the talk box application that caused such problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment